SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My Mommy Misson

What are my goals as a parent? I would have to say mine are completely different from a lot of mamas I know. If you really want an understanding of where my head is at, you should read "Welcome to Holland" by Emily Pearl. I'll have to post it soon! Its the perfect description of what its like to be a special needs parent. You thought, and planned to be one place, and ended up another place. It isnt all that bad, but its different! Id have to say my goals are to just help Austin progress as much as his little body will allow. We are working on his walking, going to do some more oral feeding, and work on that eye contact of his. Austin has CVI (cortical vision impairment) basically his brain isnt tell him to look at me, or anything else for that matter, so he doesn't appreciate what he 'could' be looking at. Eye contact is very minimal for him, so when I get it, Im ecstatic for hours. 

All in all, my goals are to push my handsome little dude as hard as I can and put him in as many therapies as we can afford. But above all, keep him happy and smiling. He is honestly one of the happiest children I know. The most important thing to me, is to give Austin a normal life. (which also provides me with a somewhat normal life) We go to disneyland, we have play dates, we go out to eat, and he runs errands with me. Seeing his smile always brightens my day, and lets me know Im doing something right!! 

Never ever give up my sweet boy. 
xoxo

Post a Comment