SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

A letter to my girl, the night before kindergarten.

I feel like these last five years just flew on by us. I always felt like we didn’t have enough time, but not like I feel it right now.Pretty much everyday for the last 5 years you have been my little sidekick. My best friend. My BEST Target date, especially if a toy or icee was in it for you. 

Everyone keeps telling me you’re going to be okay, and its all going to be great! And they are right. YOU my little pupil, my social butterfly, everyones friend - are going to love it, and it’ll all fall into place! You’re starting your own journey now, and that’s SO exciting! It’s me, I’m the one that’s not okay. Its never really explained to you exactly what It’s like to have your heart walking outside of your body, but this is that, you are my heart outside of my body. But as much as it hurts, you have reminded me while we’ve waited to get here that it’s all going to be okay, and you’ll only be gone a couple hours. You give me strength, and confidence, and that’s why we are going to be more than okay. 

We have gone on so many adventures together and made some pretty awesome memories. You’ve grown up at Disneyland, and I’ve got a million photos to share with you one day, because you may not remember it one bit, but I will.

We stayed up late, we slept in whenever we wanted to, and stayed in our pajamas all day because we could, and played hooky when we needed to. (that will still be a thing) But starting tomorrow you will be an official kindergartener. 

It’s only going to be half day, but it’s the end of a chapter in my motherhood journey. And that right there is deep, and emotional. I raised a beautiful baby girl, that I now have to share with the world. And that girl - she is going to do amazing things. And anyone that gets to be a part of your next journey is so lucky! You’re going to make so many new friends, and learn all the things you ask Alexa and I, for yourself. I know you are going to thrive during this new transition, and excel at everything you do. You are a leader, and that’s SO important in this big scary world. 

So tomorrow morning when I hug you goodbye, as you walk into your new classroom just remember I’m crying because I love you, and I am so proud of you! I am so lucky to be your mother Paisley Gray. 

Love you forever & ever, 
Mama.

Post a Comment