SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, May 21, 2020

A letter to my girl, the night before her last day of kindergarten....

OH WHAT A YEAR. We made it just past 100 days of kinder. 100 days of waking up early. 100 days of arguing about hair brushing and teeth brushing and deciding what outfits we agreed on. Before we were hit with some major life changing situations. It’s been rough, but you’ve adjusted perfectly, leaving me thankful for our safe space and are ready for 1st grade. Me on the other hand? I hate change, but you push me to embrace it. (You’re so your fathers daughter) so I’m over here reliving all the feelings I felt on your first day. The fear of leaving you with complete strangers for half the day. I had the worst pit in my stomach over it. Looking back on the letter I wrote on the night before your first day, I said -

“I always felt like we didn’t have enough time, but not like I feel it right now” 

Well how quickly that came full circle! We ended the year with TONS of time! And I’m so glad I wrote that. Because it was a good reminder just how grateful I am for all this extra TIME. It won’t be like this for long, if I blink it’ll be ten years from now! So many things we didn’t get to enjoy this year, your first year of school. Things like your first spring break because it just became a giant summer break, back to school night and all the other end of the year festivities! But we were gifted not one but two rad teachers, that have gone above and beyond to continue your education, best they can, with what resources they have. And plan to continue making it a smooth transition throughout the summer, with weekly art classes (your fav) I’m so thankful for these teachers who enjoyed my baby, and saw her for her worth. My big hearted sweet girl, who is always willing to help a friend, and always has to finish first lol 

This year, you made new friends, gained a sense of independence, you learned to write sentences and sound out words. You lost 5 teeth, scraped your knee on the black top and trashed a few pairs of shoes. You ended the year, with the skill of knowing how to log onto a zoom. You know what else happened? You were fine, WE were fine. I am so proud of how you’ve handled all the change thrown you’re way, and I can’t wait to see what amazing things you do in first grade, my beautiful girl. 

Anyone who gets to meet you next year, has no idea just how lucky they are going to be! And me, well I’ll be alright, cause I love watching you shine! I love you, and I’m still so proud of you! 

Love you forever & ever,  
Mama. 

Post a Comment