SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, September 9, 2013

Best Advice

I honestly cant think of any one circumstance where someone gave me advice that I held dear to my heart. So instead Im going to give some advice! Love the life you live. 

I was in a bit of a depression, when I first found out about Austin and his diagnosis. For 2 whole years, I thought one day, everything would be better... but with one Dr. visit that I had to schedule (outside of Kaiser mind you) my whole world came crashing down. Austin having CP was the LAST thing I expected. I got stuck in this whole of depression for about another year and half, which Austins father was also in. We were both dealing with it in such different ways, that we werent there for eachother the way we needed to be. 
Last year, we took a small break from eachother, and it was honestly one of the best things we could have done, for our family. During that time, I learned how to be independent again. I also learned to appreciate life! Austin's life wasn't over, and mine was just beginning! I strongly believe everything happens for a reason. I was blessed with Austin for a reason, and I had that time to myself for a reason. I became confident all over again, and it was such an amazing feeling, I was independent and no longer needed someone to make me feel better about myself. I looked back on the struggles Austin and I had over come and realized how beautiful life really was, and blessed I was to have such a special boy. Not only was I supposed to teach great things, he taught me to love the life I live. 
& that is the best advice I can give someone. EVERYONE out there is battling something, struggling with something, but its up to you, to turn it into a positive. If I sat here, and only paid attention to all the negatives about our situation Id be one miserable person, but I learned to look at the positives. Sure I have my days, where im sad Austin doesnt look me in the eye, or tell me he loves me, and that I dont get to hear his little voice, but we have a different way of communicating. Him and I have a special bond he will have with no one else. He has his own little personality and is happy as can be :) and thats all that really matters to me. Every milestone means THAT much more to me, and we have come so far, and I cant to see what the future holds for our little family :) 

xoxo Brandi 

Post a Comment