SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, July 25, 2016

Mommy Means Business - Love Sick Threads


This weeks mommy means business monday you get to know the family behind Love sick threads! We have watched brittany grow this business from the ground up, and have enjoyed playing a minor role in her journey! I love everything about her brand! from the screen printed tees, to the custom distressed denim! She always has the trendiest denim brands with the best fit for littles! Everytime Paisley is running around in her lovesick shorts, she gets a million compliments, or I hear them talking as we walk by. "oh my god, her shorts". It literally never fails. Brittany offers so many different styles, and colors with some pretty clever names like, "blue collar skinnies" and "you concrete me" shorties. If you don't own anything Love sick threads, I suggest you head over now and cart all the goodness!!! 


(Photo Cred: @jaxandsavvy)

Tell us a little bit about Love sick threads, how did it come to be? 
We (me, my husband & our son who was 2 at the time) had just moved states to give our son a better up bringing (we came from Vegas and decided that it wasn't where we wanted to raise our son) My husband was job searching and I made a re sale page for my sons old clothes to make some extra grocery money. I had some of his old distressed denim on the site & someone asked if I could make another pair. *DING* yes..yes I can. It took off from there.

What motivated you to start this business? 
I was working from home next to the little one. What more could I ask for! 

(Photo cred: @bleighlovee - featured, "charcoal heart shorties")

Did you ever see yourself doing this? 
No way! I mean I always have been into fashion and had day dreams of owning my own clothing line but never thought it would happen like this. Never! 

If you could give other business moms advice, what would it be? 
Don't let the bad days knock you down. 

(Photo cred: @charity.grace - featured, "no basic beaches" tank)

What was your plan before deciding to start your own business?
I wanted to be a stay at home mom and live more simple. We still love simple but with a dash of chaos. 

What has been your favorite part of starting your business? 
Getting tagged on social media with the items I made never gets old! Sometimes I even forget to hit like because I just stare at how cute and stylish all these kids are! 


When life gets tough, what keeps you going? 
Putting my phone down for the day, getting a pedicure, a cup of noodle for dinner, watch some Netflix (currently greys anatomy) and having a pear cider beer before bed. (My husband makes so much fun of the fact that I call my pear cider a beer haha) Just try to forget about any stress and enjoy my family. 

(photo cred: @jaxandsavvy - featured, dark wash jeggings

Tell us a little bit about your everyday life, your family, a day in life of.  
I have two kids (Savvy 4 months & Jax 4) so as soon as they wake up, I wake up. 
Getting breakfast and some cartoons in the morning is a must. 
I'm not much of a morning person. 
I personally usually skip breakfast & go right for lunch. Yum!
We then usually have jui jitsu for our 4 year old or swimming lessons. (summer schedule right now) 
I get a coffee In between all that. 
Come home and go for a walk around the neighborhood or stop at the park for a bit whatever sounds good for that day.
Sitting down for dinner as a family is a must in this house & after that I start on my work while dad gets the kids in bed, i stay up pretty late getting things done. I can't seem to get anything done when they are up but the fact that I can be with them all day long is amazing to me! Customers are always getting tracking numbers at 2 & 3am and sometimes I even see the sun start coming up & that's when i cut myself off and make myself get in bed. 

We all know owning a business can be a little demanding, what are some things you do to keep yourself happy?
Hockey or a baseball games is always a good time with the family! A pedicure, target, tj maxx and home goods shopping & I enjoy getting my eye brows waxed, it makes me feel like a million bucks. 

(photo cred: @tys_threads) 

What are some of your favorite mommy made businesses? 
For my daughter Savvy (4 months) I love purchasing crop tops from @rosenbelleclothing & paring them with my denim shorts or skinnies. 
I also love 


A big thank you to brittany, for sharing your story! Learning more about the families behind the shop,  and the reason it started, reminds people why they shop small! Head over to love sick threads right now, and use code JULY25 for 25% off all shirts and the new romper, they just released!! 

2 comments :